Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Look Up

I look up to the sky. The outside world, and to space where the sun shines and the stars hide I
Look up.
I look up because I have been taught to never look down
the earth below my feet constantly pulling me down but, 
I look up.
I feel the strain on my neck my heavy body always wanting to fall and never get up but,
I look up.
I feel the abuse of the world weighing me down. I feel the pressure of never succeeding. I hear the world's deep quiet voice telling me to look down because i'l never make it but,
I look up.
I see you walking towards me head down and depression up, and all I have been taught to say is......Look up.
I know you don't understand and neither do I but this is why I try, because if I don't look up for myself no one else will.
So
look
up.

1 comment: